Computer Support Specialist
(Customer Service / Call Center / Teleservice Operations)
Computer support specialists help computer users by answering technical questions or resolving computer problems.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Computer Support Specialist?
- Use both technical & people skills in this customer service field
- Have room to grow & specialize
- Use your problem-solving skills every day
- Have some flexibility in your schedule: day shift, evening shift, weekends, etc.
- Collaborate with others in a generally non-competitive environment
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Identify the needs of a computing center
- Get, maintain & license hardware & software
- Develop rapport with users & lead them through problem-solving situations
- Analyze, diagnose & solve user hardware- & software-related problems
- Maintain problem logs
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- You will need to be able to communication effectively over the telephone or via messaging.
- 3 skills or work style traits that will help you succeed in this field:
- Communication skills
- Stress tolerance
- Being a lifelong learner will help you advance in your career because you will always need to keep up-to-date on web programming languages and be able to apply new knowledge to your work
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Computer Support Specialist (Customer Service/Call Center/Teleservice Operations)||18||$1,152|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated July 18, 2022