Game, Simulation & Animation Design
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why Choose Game, Simulation & Animation Design?
- Exercise your creative & your technical skills every day
- Be able to choose to work independently or as part of an organization
- Learn to use industry-standard software, such as Adobe, Autodesk, Epic & Unity
- Use state-of-the-art hardware in our labs as you learn to create:
- 2D & 3D games
- Simulation & animation assets
- Demo reels
- Create a job interview-ready portfolio of your best work
Prepare for What You Will Do at Work
- Design complex graphics & animations
- Create 2D & 3D images of objects or characters in motion
- Develop video game features, such as story lines, characters & game mechanics
- Collaborate with others on the development team to identify game or simulation details & specifications.
Marketable Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before You Enroll, Think About:
- During our program, you must be prepared to work on projects outside of class time.
- You can apply the software skills you will learn in settings other than video game design, such as movie or television production.
- 3 skills or work style traits that will help you succeed in this field:
- Attention to detail
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
- Information Technology: Animation for Game & Simulation
- Information Technology: Game & Simulation Programming I
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2023–2024 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Semester Credit Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Information Technology: Game, Simulation, and Animation Design||60||$4,140|
|CRT1||Animation for Game and Simulation||18||$1,242|
|CRT1||Game and Simulation Programming I||20||$1,380|
|CRT2||Game and Simulation Programming II||42||$2,898|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Continuing Education Programs
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Michael A. Jackson
Assistant Professor & Department Chair
Updated October 30, 2023