How to Apply to Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- November 1–April 1: Application available
- April 1: Application deadline
- No late applications accepted.
- May: Applicants notified of their status
Follow these steps to apply to PTA
Step 1: Apply to TCC
Apply online with ApplyTCC (use Firefox or Chrome for the best experience)
- Application instructions: How to Apply for Admission
Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number. You need a TCC Student ID number for your application to PTA.
Step 2: Attend an Information Session
Find out everything you need to know about our program: requirements, courses, costs, and more.
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You will submit your Certificate of Attendance with your application.
We will post details here when future information sessions are scheduled.
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
Janette Keen, Health Care Professions Advisor
Step 3: Make sure you are eligible to apply
What are the requirements?
Step 4: Get current official transcripts
You will need to submit your official college transcripts from all colleges and schools you have attended to the TCC Admissions and Registrar Office.
If your transcript includes courses from other institutions, you will also need to request an evaluation of your transfer coursework.
If you have not attended college or if you will have fewer than 12 college semester hours by the application deadline, you will need to submit your official high school transcript(s).
Contact International Admissions (817-515-1570) at least 8 weeks before the application deadline to schedule an appointment if you have international transcripts.
Step 5: Take required admissions exams before you apply
Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) Admission Exam
You can take the HESI A2 exam online through ProctorU or in-person at the Trinity River Campus Testing Center.
Each HESI attempt must include all 4 sections:
- Reading comprehension
If English is not your first language
You will need to take one of the following English readiness exams:
Step 6: Request work / volunteer / observation & reference forms be completed
Follow these steps:
- Give the PT or PTA staff at the facility or facilities where you earned your observation or work experience the 2 forms to complete.
- After completing the forms, the clinician who supervised your experience will seal the forms in an envelope and sign across the sealed closure.
- Pick up the sealed, signed envelope and submit it with your other application materials.
Step 7: Submit your application by the deadline
Submit your PTA application by mail or in person.
Your complete application must include your:
- Signed, complete application
- Signed, sealed envelope with the completed PT experience / observation and reference forms or 3 teacher/professor recommendation letters
- HESI scores for the 4 required sections (see Step 5)
- Application checklist
- Immunization records
- Information Session Certificate of Attendance
TCC Health Sciences Department
Trinity River Campus East
245 East Belknap Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102-1901
No late applications will be accepted.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Health Care Professions Advisor
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated July 06, 2022