Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why Choose RDA?
- Help & care for others in a dental setting
- Establish interpersonal relationships with dental patients & team members
- Apply relevant cutting-edge dental knowledge & technology
- Choose your work setting: general or specialty dental practices, dental assisting education, office management & public health
Prepare for What You Will Do at Work
- Help during patient visits:
- Prepare the patient
- Sterilize or disinfect instruments
- Set up instrument trays
- Prepare materials
- Assist dentist during dental procedures
- Record treatment information in patient records
- Expose diagnostic dental x-rays
- Take & record medical & dental histories & vital signs of patients
- Help the dentist in the management of medical or dental emergencies
Marketable Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before You Enroll, Think About:
- You will be in constant contact with others—both work colleagues & patients
- These personality traits will help you succeed in your work as a Registered Dental
- Attention to detail
- Desire to help others
RDA is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our RDA Program.
Get the Details on These Pages:
Licensing Notice: Texas House Bill 1508
This program prepares you for an occupational license. However, you may not be eligible for licensing if you have a prior criminal history.
For more details, see Texas House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Information Session
About the Session
Attending an information session is an admissions requirement.
All information sessions will be held in-person.
Want to apply for Fall 2024?
We will post information session dates here in Spring 2024.
Add your name to the email list of interested prospective students by emailing email@example.com.
Laurie Semple, Program Coordinator
Northeast Campus Health Sciences Department
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2023–2024 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Semester Credit Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Registered Dental Assistant||25||$1,725|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Continuing Education Programs
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Health Sciences Department
Visit NHSC, Room 1118
Updated October 30, 2023