Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose RDA?
- Help & care for others in a dental setting
- Establish interpersonal relationships with dental patients & team members
- Apply relevant cutting-edge dental knowledge & technology
- Choose your work setting: general or specialty dental practices, dental assisting education, office management & public health
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Help during patient visits:
- Prepare the patient
- Sterilize or disinfect instruments
- Set up instrument trays
- Prepare materials
- Assist dentist during dental procedures
- Record treatment information in patient records
- Expose diagnostic dental x-rays
- Take & record medical & dental histories & vital signs of patients
- Help the dentist in the management of medical or dental emergencies
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- You will be in constant contact with others—both work colleagues & patients
- These personality traits will help you succeed in your work as a Registered Dental
- Attention to detail
- Desire to help others
RDA is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our RDA Program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend a Virtual Orientation Session
Attending an orientation session is an admissions requirement.
All orientation sessions will be virtual via Microsoft Teams.
We will post dates as soon as we schedule future orientation sessions.
Laurie Semple, Program Coordinator
Stacy Liebel, Career Technical Education (CTE) Student Support Specialist
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Registered Dental Assistant||25||$1,600|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Health Sciences Department
Visit NHSC, Room 1131
Updated September 10, 2021