Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose RDA?
- Help & care for others in a dental setting
- Establish interpersonal relationships with dental patients & team members
- Apply relevant cutting-edge dental knowledge & technology
- Choose your work setting: general or specialty dental practices, dental assisting education, office management & public health
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Help during patient visits:
- Prepare the patient
- Sterilize or disinfect instruments
- Set up instrument trays
- Prepare materials
- Assist dentist during dental procedures
- Record treatment information in patient records
- Expose diagnostic dental x-rays
- Take & record medical & dental histories & vital signs of patients
- Help the dentist in the management of medical or dental emergencies
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- You will be in constant contact with others—both work colleagues & patients
- These personality traits will help you succeed in your work as a Registered Dental
- Attention to detail
- Desire to help others
RDA is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our RDA Program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Orientation Session
About the Session
Attending an orientation session is an admissions requirement.
All orientation sessions will be held in-person.
When & Where
You do not have to register.
- Date & Time: TBN
Laurie Semple, Program Coordinator
Northeast Campus Health Sciences Department
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Registered Dental Assistant||25||$1,600|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Health Sciences Department
Visit NHSC, Room 1131
Updated July 25, 2022