Quick Program Facts
- Continuing Education Certificate: 528 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 6
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Tuition: $1,152
- Bunker gear rental: $600
- Textbook: $100
- Uniforms: $54
- State testing fee: $55
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Fire / Rescue Training Facility at TCC Northwest
- CEUs: 52.8 or 12 hours of professional development
Our basic fire academy program is designed to train and certify you to be a firefighter in the state of Texas.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing our program, you will receive a Basic Firefighter Certificate of Completion.
At the end of the class, the Texas Commission on Fire Protection Basic Fire Suppression (TCFP) certification exam is administered. If you succeed, you will be eligible to apply for the Basic Fire Suppression certification.
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
The requirements and steps to apply to the Fire Academy are the same for both credit and non-credit students.
For more information on admission requirements and applying: Apply to the Fire Academy.
Fire Academy — Public Safety Training Center
Fire Academy—Public Safety Training Center
Visit 4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76179
Updated June 02, 2022