Dual Credit Student
You're a Dual Credit student if you are a student in high school and want to earn college credit while attending high school.
We're here to help! For questions, contact our Admissions and Registrar Office.
Getting Started at TCC Overview
Our steps walk you through the process, from applying for admission to taking a seat in the classroom.
- Notify Your High School
- Apply for Admissions & Reimbursement Grant
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity
- Complete Any Testing Requirements
- Submit Supporting Documents
- Register for Classes
- Finish Preparing for Your Semester
- Complete Dual Credit Orientation
Stay in Dual Credit
Find out how you can maintain eligibility and stay in the program.
Notify Your High School
Notify your high school counselor of your interest in participating in our Dual Credit Program.
Apply for Admission & The Dual Credit Reimbursement Grant
Apply for Admission
What should I know before I apply?
To participate in Dual Credit, you must have writing and reading test scores on file, as well as math scores if you plan to take a math class. See below for information on submitting scores.
How do I apply to TCC?
Complete and submit an ApplyTCC application for admission. (Use Firefox or Chrome for the best experience.)
- View our dual credit apply video and follow along while you apply.
- You may also use ApplyTexas as an alternate online application method.
When will I know if I’m accepted to TCC?
After the application is submitted, you will receive a system generated email called “WebAdvisor and Email Account Notice.”
- It will provide you with your my.tccd.edu email account name, your TCC student ID and instructions on activating email.
- If you do not receive an email with your TCC ID after 24-48 hours, inquire by emailing email@example.com with your full name and date of birth.
Check your email to locate your acceptance letter with your next steps. Typically you will need to submit supporting documentation. Allow up to 5 business days for processing.
Please allow additional time for processing if you applied via ApplyTexas.
What’s the deadline to apply to TCC?
Submit your application before the deadline of at least 7 days before the start of the term.
Find deadlines and important dates in the:
Your ISD may have also set a certain deadline to apply.
Apply for the Dual Credit Reimbursement Grant (only for non-sponsored students)
Complete fasfa.gov as early as possible for the best chance of receiving funds.
- Submit requested financial aid documents required for verification process.
- Depending on your financial need you may be eligible for the dual credit reimbursement grant. (The reimbursement form is found on the grant page.)
If you have questions regarding the financial aid process contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
Complete this step before taking the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment.
- Complete your PAA online through WebAdvisor. (You must first login to WebAdvisor for the first time before completing the PAA.)
- To access the PAA online,
- Log in to WebAdvisor.
- Choose Pre-Assessment Activity under the Prepare to Register heading of the student menu.
- The PAA includes:
- The importance of the TSI Assessment
- Practice test questions and feedback
- Campus and community resources to achieve success as a college student
- Development education options
Complete Any Testing Requirements
TSI Assessment (TSI-A)
The TSI Assessment is offered online and by appointment with TCC Testing Centers, or you may also be able to complete TSI testing with your High School. (Your school and TCC must have a Testing Data Sharing Agreement.)
You must meet or exceed these college-ready scores. Learn more about the TSI Assessment and how to sign up.
If completing TSIA testing with TCC:
- After completing the PAA, email a Success Coach using your TCC email to receive a TSI Testing Referral.
- Find out if you are TSI-exempt based on other official test scores (ACT, SAT, PSAT, STAAR).
- Review additional options to meet dual credit eligibility for dual credit courses (Link will open in a new window).
- Download our TSI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Dual Credit Students (PDF)Listen.
- Contact our Dual Credit coordinators if you have questions.
Online Readiness Assessment
If you have never taken an online course at TCC and are registering for a class with our TCC Connect Campus, you must take the Online Readiness Assessment before you can register.
This requirement is only for students taking online courses with the TCC Connect campus.
Submit Supporting Documents
After you've applied for admission and been accepted, you'll need to submit your supporting documents to the campus Registrar.
Provide the following documents only if applicable:
Register for Classes
Find out how to register for dual credit classes in MyTCCTrack.
If you’re homeschooled, or your school is not listed in our Dual Credit service areas, contact your closest TCC campus for Dual Credit registration help.
Finish Preparing for Your Semester
Pay for Classes
- Pay for your classes via Account Summary module located in MyTCCTrack or at any TCC Business Services office. (Some ISDs pay for Dual Credit courses. Check with your local high school.)
- Dual Credit tuition rates are the same as TCC undergraduate rates.
- View our payments FAQ page to read about student account center and payment details.
- Find more information about possible financial aid for Dual Credit courses.
Purchase Textbooks and Supplies
After you receive a Dual Credit schedule from your high school counselor, you can purchase your textbooks and supplies through our campus bookstores or through third-party vendors.
- Some ISD's provide textbooks for dual credit courses. If you are a sponsored student, check with your high school.
- You must have your textbooks the first day of class.
Complete Dual Credit Orientation
Contact your high school counselor or Dual Credit Coordinator for attendance options and scheduling information.
For continued eligibility in the program, you must:
- Follow TCC's Academic Standing and all other policies and regulations outlined in the TCC Catalog.
- Follow the rights and responsibilities as a TCC student.
- Complete #NotAnymore online training in your first semester. (Failure to do so may result in a block from registering your second semester.)
- Acknowledge the Financial Responsibility Agreement (FRA) in WebAdvisor. (Located under the Business Services menu)
- Attend class no less than 85% of the time. Failure to do so may result in the professor dropping you from the class.
- Do NOT drop a Dual Credit course without permission from your high school counselor. If granted permission, see the tuition refund schedule.
- Satisfy course prerequisite requirements before enrolling in a class.
If you have any questions about any of the steps above, contact your dual credit service areas for more information.
Updated June 08, 2021