Dual Credit Student
You're a Dual Credit student if you are a student in high school and want to earn college credit while attending high school.
To participate in Dual Credit, you must have writing and reading test scores on file, as well as math scores if you plan to take a math class. You must also meet other college student standards, including appropriate test scores and GPA, as well as sometimes providing residency documentation.
- Notify your high school counselor of your interest in participating in our Dual Credit Program
- Apply online now with ApplyTCC (use Firefox or Chrome for best experience)
View our dual credit apply video and follow along while you apply.
- You must have an active email address.
- After your application is submitted, you will receive an email with your student ID number and your my.tccd.edu login credentials, which you will need for step 6.
- Note: You may use ApplyTexas as an alternate online application method but must allow additional time for processing.
- Dual Credit Coordinators may administer the PAA at your high school and will document your participation.
- You can also complete your PAA online through WebAdvisor. (You must first login to WebAdvisor for the first time before completing the PAA. The Pre-Assessment Activity link is under the Prepare to Register section of the Students Menu.)
- The PAA includes the following:
- An explanation of the importance of the TSI Assessment
- Practice test questions and feedback
- Information on campus and community resources to achieve success as a college student
- An explanation of development education options
- The TSI Assessment is offered online. You must meet or exceed these college-ready scores. Learn more about the TSI Assessment and how to sign up.
- Find out if you are TSI-exempt based on other official test scores (ACT, SAT, PSAT, STAAR).
- Review additional options to meet dual credit eligibility for dual credit courses (Link will open in a new window).
- Download our TSI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Dual Credit Students (PDF)Listen.
- Contact our Dual Credit coordinators if you have questions.
To register for classes,
- Log in to MyTCCTrack.
- Select the Graduation Cap icon on the left of the screen, then choose Dual Credit Course Search.
- Select your High School (Ex: Colleyville/Heritage H.S.)
- The available courses for your high school will populate. You can filter by selecting Term (Ex: Spring 2021), and Open Section Only to filter your section results. If you know the specific section number (Ex: ENGL 1301 12345), you can type it into the search box at the top right of the screen.
- Select View Available Sections and view results.
- Select Add Section to Schedule to select the preferred section.
- A pop-up window will appear with additional course section details. Review section details, then if correct, select Add Section.
- Note: You are not yet enrolled at this step.
- If you wish to continue searching for another section, select Close.
- Repeat as needed until you're ready to register.
- Find the graduation cap icon and go to Student Planning > Plan & Schedule.
- Use the small arrows next to the term (Ex: Spring 2021), if you need to scroll to the correct semester.
- Review your schedule and any registration error messages, in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Register Now. Once your registration is successful the word Registered should appear under the course title.
- After you've registered, pay for your classes to complete enrollment.
If you’re homeschooled, or your school is not listed in our Dual Credit service areas, contact your closest TCC campus for Dual Credit registration help. Get help with your WebAdvisor account.
- Pay for your classes via Account Summary module located in MyTCCTrack or at any TCC Business Services office. (Some ISDs pay for Dual Credit courses. Check with your local high school.)
- Dual Credit tuition rates are the same as TCC undergraduate rates.
- View our payments FAQ page to read about student account center and payment details.
- Find more information about possible financial aid for Dual Credit courses.
Stay in Dual Credit
For continued eligibility in the program, you must:
- Follow TCC's Academic Standing and all other policies and regulations outlined in the TCC Catalog.
- Follow the rights and responsibilities as a TCC student, including completing #NotAnymore online training.
- Acknowledge the Financial Responsibility Agreement (FRA) in WebAdvisor. (Located under the Business Services menu)
- Attend class 85% of the time.
- Failure to do so may result in the professor dropping you from the class.
- Not drop a Dual Credit course without permission from your high school counselor.
- If granted permission, see the tuition refund schedule.
- Meet course prerequisite requirements before enrolling in a class.
- If you're a home school student: Submit a High School Early Enrollment form (PDF)Listen each semester.
- You can get forms at campus Admissions and Registrar Office.
Got questions? Contact your dual credit service areas for more information.
Updated March 02, 2021