Dual Credit Student
You're a Dual Credit student if you are a student in high school and want to earn college credit while attending high school.
To participate in Dual Credit, you must have writing and reading test scores on file, as well as math scores if you plan to take a math class. You must also meet other college student standards, including appropriate test scores and GPA, as well as sometimes providing residency documentation.
- Notify your high school counselor of your interest in participating in our Dual Credit Program
- Fill out TCC's online application with ApplyTexas
- You must have an active email address.
- Get help with your online application by following our ApplyTexas application instructions.
- Attend your high school's Dual Credit Application & Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
Session before taking the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment
- Dual Credit Coordinators may administer the PAA at your high school and will document your participation.
- You can also complete your PAA online through WebAdvisor.
- ThePAA includes the following:
- An explanation of the importance of the TSI Assessment
- Practice test questions and feedback
- Information on campus and community resources to achieve success as a college student
- An explanation of development education options
- Participate in your school's scheduled testing or go to any TCC Testing Center to
take the TSI Assessment (if necessary)
- TSI Assessment tests may take place on high school campuses or during a scheduled time at a TCC campus, and you can review your results with your school counselor.
- Find out if you are TSI-exempt based on other official test scores (ACT, SAT, PSAT, STAAR)
- Review additional options to meet dual credit eligibility for dual credit courses (Link will open in a new window)
- Submit the supporting documentation and enrollment form to register
- Qualifying test scores
- Meningitis documentation
- Residency documents (if necessary)
- Register for classes online in WebAdvisor
- If you’re homeschooled, or your school is not listed in our Dual Credit service areas, contact your closest TCC campus for Dual Credit registration help.
- Learn how to register online for classes in WebAdvisor with our:
- Pay for Dual Credit courses
- Purchase or rent your course materials before classes begin
- Attend Dual Credit Orientation at your high school.
Stay in Dual Credit
For continued eligibility in the program, you must:
- Follow TCC's Academic Standing and all other policies and regulations outlined in the TCC Catalog.
- Attend class 85% of the time.
- Failure to do so may result in the professor dropping you from the class.
- Do not drop a Dual Credit course without permission from your high school counselor.
- If granted permission, see the tuition refund schedule.
- Meet course prerequisite requirements before enrolling in a classes.
- If you're a home school student: Submit a High School Early Enrollment formListen (PDF will open in new window) each semester.
- You can get forms at campus Admissions and Registrar Office.
Ismael (Richard) Vela, Director of Dual Credit
Updated May 14, 2018