Automotive Service Technology: Toyota Technician Education Network (T-TEN)
T-TEN will prepare you for an entry-level job as an automotive technician in Toyota/Lexus dealership service organizations.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose T-TEN?
- Reinforce your class work with intensive hands-on practice during an internship in a sponsoring dealership
- Gain the skills you need to repair & maintain Toyota / Lexus automobiles with electronic systems
- Learn operational theory, practical skills & accepted shop procedures
Prepare for what you will do at work
Troubleshoot, diagnose & repair:
- Automatic & manual drivetrains
- Engine mechanical problems
- Automotive electrical systems
- Manual / electronic climate control systems
- Electrical subsystems, lighting, instrumentation & accessories
- Front & rear suspension systems
- Steering systems including electronically controlled systems
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
You must enjoy learning because you will need to keep up with new materials and technologies.
You do not have to be sponsored by a Toyota / Lexus dealer to begin this program.
However, the awarding of manufacturer certifications is dependent on getting and keeping sponsorship by a Toyota / Lexus dealer.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Automotive Service Technology-Toyota Technician Education Network||60||$3,840|
|CRT1||Toyota General Service Technician||24||$1,536|
|CRT2||Toyota Service Technician||48||$3,072|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated September 07, 2021