Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why Choose Culinary Arts?
- Study with faculty who have years of professional experience in our state-of-the-art food service & dining facilities
- Learn to integrate hands-on technical skills with supervisory & business management capabilities
- Gain real-world experience in a custom practicum in culinary arts & chef training
- Transfer several of our courses to 4-year colleges & culinary schools
Prepare for What You Will Do at Work
- Check the quality of food & supplies
- Prepare & cook foods
- Plan menus
- Coordinate food service staff
Explore Professional Organizations
- American Culinary Federation (ACF)
- Texas Restaurant Association (TRA)
- Texas Chef’s Association (TCA)
Marketable Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before You Enroll, Think About:
- You will be responsible for your own uniform.
- Our controlled class size allows for individual attention.
- You will take academic classes—not just cooking classes.
- You have to be ready to read, write, and do math calculations. A lot of math!
- Chefs and cooks often stand for long periods and work in fast-paced kitchens.
You must buy your own uniforms.
Licensing Notice: Texas House Bill 1508
This program prepares you for an occupational license. However, you may not be eligible for licensing if you have a prior criminal history.
For more details, see Texas House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Program Outcomes Data
To request an accessible copy of this document, please contact Katrina Warner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 817-515-3609
American Culinary Federation (ACF) Certification Rate
Graduates who receive the ACF Certification within 1 year of program completion:
- 2021–2022: 7%
- 2020–2021: n/a
- 2019–2020: n/a
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2023–2024 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Semester Credit Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Baking and Pastry||29||$2,001|
|CRT1||Culinary Arts I||18||$1,242|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Continuing Education Programs
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Lynda Fox-Arnold, M.S.
Katrina E. Warner
Coordinator/Instructor of Culinary Arts
Updated November 17, 2023