Want to transfer to a 4-year university? Complete our Associate of Science (A.S.) in Engineering and apply your course credits to a bachelor’s degree in engineering. We offer civil, electric, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Engineering?
- Apply scientific & technical knowledge to develop useful objects or processes that solve human problems
- Choose to specialize an engineering area of interest, for example:
- Work in an industry that interests you, such as:
- Research & development laboratories
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Read & review project drawings & plans to determine the sizes of structures
- Confer with other engineers to prepare plans
- Observe project sites & evaluate work progress to identify problems with designs
- Develop plans & estimate costs for constructing systems & operating facilities
- Prepare reports to document project activities & data
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- Analytical and creative thinking as well as problem-solving are key skills for engineers.
- You must enjoy working with math and science in your studies and in your career.
- You need to be able to develop project plans and stay on schedule.
- After completing of our Associate of Science in Engineering, you can transfer to a 4-year institution, earn a bachelor's degree, and build your career in engineering.
- Personality traits that are important for engineers include:
- Attention to detail
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AS||Associate of Science — Engineering||60||$3,840|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
For example, you will be ready to work toward:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Start on Your Pathway!
Rachel Zhang, Ph.D.
Professor & Engineering Program Coordinator
Updated September 07, 2021