Graphic communication professionals create print or digital visuals that communicate ideas and messages.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Graphic Communication?
- Learn in-demand software skills you can use in a variety of work settings
- Prepare for entry-level positions in graphic production & design
- Learn how to use both your artistic & technical skills to:
- Solve design problems
- Correct colors
- Edit images
- Restore photos
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Create artwork for print & web, including logo, brochure & poster design as well as illustration & animation
- Prepare digital files for creation of signage & publications, such as magazines & books
- Prepare graphics for instructional presentations & illustrations for learning environments
- Create graphics with speed & accuracy
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- Our program is not intended to apply to a 4-year graphics degree, and courses do not typically transfer to a university.
- Our courses are rigorous, and assignments have hard deadlines.
- You must be able to work independently, problem solve, and meet all deadlines.
- Customer service skills and the ability to follow directions are essential.
- 3 skills or work style traits that will help you succeed in this field:
- Attention to detail
Plan your courses
We strongly recommend you talk to an advisor before registering, so you can take the courses in the recommended order and be successful.
Full-time student? You should balance a couple of graphics courses with required academic courses in a single semester, so you are not overwhelmed with the workload.
Personal computer equipment & software a plus
Graphic Communication has a dedicated computer lab that is available 14 hours a day for students in our program.
However, while not required, owning a computer and subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud software will give you greater flexibility to spend time on assignments outside of class. Meeting assignment deadlines will be easier.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
While our program is designed to prepare you to enter the workforce, you may be ready to work toward a Bachelor of Applied Science—depending on the university.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated September 07, 2021