Explore on This Page
Why choose Mathematics
- Work on large projects with teams—including managers & professionals
- Have the option to work from home
- Travel for your work if you are employed by a consulting firm
- Use your critical thinking skills regularly
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Apply mathematical & statistical techniques to solve problems
- Analyze data
- Find efficient & effective solutions when working as an analyst
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- Your focus will be math: algebra, calculus & trigonometry.
- You need to be detail oriented & analytical.
- You must be TSI compliant in Mathematics in order to take the algebra & calculus courses in the degree.
- If you plan to focus on engineering, you’ll need to take university physics courses.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AS||Associate of Science in Mathematics||60||$3,840|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
For example, you will be ready to work toward:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- Talk to your advisor about planning for transfer
- Explore transfer schools
Start on Your Pathway!
- Apply to TCC
- Find out about financial aid
- Talk to an academic advisor
- Visit career services
- Request a transcript evaluation if you are transferring to TCC
Trinity River Campus
Updated February 21, 2023