Nondestructive Inspection, Testing & Evaluation
- Pathway: Business & Industry
- Campus: Northwest
Nondestructive inspection technicians make sure components or systems will function as designed.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Nondestructive Inspection, Testing & Evaluation?
- Work with sophisticated tools, such as x-ray, ultrasound, fiber optic or related equipment
- Enjoy the challenge of using problem-solving skills to develop testing protocols
- Be able to focus on specialties in the industry that interests you
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Perform a variety of inspections:
- Eddy current
- Magnetic particle
- Liquid penetrant
- Make sure parts or systems do not contain flaws that will cause the part or system to fail—which would lead to equipment downtime or potentially loss of life
- Work in these industries:
- Oil & Gas
- Power generation
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- Individual employers manage Nondestructive Testing Certifications
- Exception: cases where a central certification administered by the American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) is accepted.
- You will earn certifications for each inspection method you want to use.
If you take day classes, you can complete our A.A.S. program in 2 years.
- Days: Monday–Friday
- Hours: 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
If you take night classes, you can complete our A.A.S. program in 3 years.
- Days: Monday–Thursday
- Hours: 5:30–11 p.m.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Nondestructive Inspection, Testing and Evaluation||60||$3,840|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Center of Excellence in Aviation, Transportation & Logistics at Alliance Airport
Nondestructive Inspection, Testing & Evaluation Program
Updated September 07, 2021