Pipefitters install and repair pipe systems and pipelines that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Pipefitter?
- Help keep cities & towns running by maintaining water, sanitation & heating, ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Build skills you can use in a variety of settings
- Enter a filed with high Industry growth rate
- Prepare to enter the workforce in a short amount of time
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Troubleshoot & solve problems in pipe systems
- Inspect mechanical piping systems
- Select construction materials & make parts
- Read, interpret & sketch piping
- Assess damages
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- You will be working with your hands to carry out solutions to piping problems
- You can use design, mechanical & construction skills in your work
- Some personality traits or skills that will help you succeed in your work as a pipefitter include:
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Career & Technical Education (CTE) Advisor
Updated July 18, 2022