Radio, Television & Film
Working in radio, television, and film production can be either in front of the camera, performing, or behind the camera, editing and producing media.
Explore on This Page
See Our Students in Action
Our Radio, Television & Film students made this video to give you an idea of what you can learn and experience in our program.
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Radio, Television & Film?
- Use state-of-the-art software & equipment—with minimal investment on your part—as you learn industry-specific skills
- Determine which type of media work you most enjoy & want to pursue as a career
- Gain live broadcasting experience by being a part of client-driven production projects
- Meet industry professionals through guest lectures & panel discussions
- Get leads on jobs by participating in an internship/practicum & building a portfolio
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Produce over-the-top (OTT) & on-demand video content
- Create, manage & archive media assets
- Support, present & record conference media
- Mix & record sound for front of house, stage & theater
- Broadcast for affiliate & national news or new magazine programs
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- Your proficiency is directly related to practice. Our courses require outside-of-classroom time to produce projects.
- Computer literacy is a plus.
- 3 skills or work style traits that will help you succeed in this field:
- Stress tolerance
- Equipment: You must have a personal portable hard drive, 1TB 7200rpm minimum
- Academics: You must be TSI compliant for A.A.S. & Level 2 Certificate programs.
- Internship (A.A.S. program): You must secure an internship before you register for courses. We will supply a database to help you.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Radio, Television and Film||60||$3,840|
|CRT1||Sound Recording Technology||30||$1,920|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
While our program is designed to prepare you to enter the workforce, you may be ready to work toward:
- Bachelor of Arts in Film / Video
- Bachelor of Arts in Media
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & TV Production
Start on Your Pathway!
Chad Jones, M.S.
Updated September 07, 2021