- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Certificate: Level 1 (19 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus
Our program will prepare you to be a paraprofessional who supports information professionals and librarians. You will gain an academic base and practical experience.
Library Technicians perform daily operations of a library or information center. For example, they:
- Help librarians acquire, organize and manage information
- Help library patrons find what they need
- Catalog library materials
- Operate behind the scenes in the technical processing of information
You can apply your TCC Library Technician credits toward a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Information Science.
We offer hybrid courses: You go to campus for a face-to-face class 1 time per week, and you complete the rest online.
Our program is convenient. 8-week evening courses are offered in both fall and spring semesters.
Trinity River Campus
Tyson McMillan, Ph.D., Program Coordinator and Chair of Computer Science & Information
Maria (Virginia) Delgado, Career and Technical Education Student Success Specialist
Updated August 24, 2018