Associate of Arts (A.A.) for Arts & Humanities
- Pathway: Arts & Humanities
- Campus: All Campuses
Earn an A.A. and complete 1st- and 2nd-year courses that will generally transfer to a 4-year college or university.
Explore on This Page
Plan Your Transfer Pathway
A flexible A.A. opens the door to a wide range of bachelor’s degrees and careers.
Work with your advisor to personalize your studies to fit your interests and needs.
Why choose an A.A.?
- Explore different subjects if you’re unsure of your career goals
- Enjoy flexibility: Choose the courses you want—as long as you earn the required credit hours
- Apply the basics / Core Curriculum course credits you earn with your A.A. at TCC toward a bachelor's degree at a 4-year university
- Develop a well-rounded liberal arts foundation that will prepare you to live & work in an ever-changing world
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- While the A.A. credits generally transfer to 4-year colleges and universities, it’s your responsibility to check with your destination school and program to make sure you meet their specific requirements.
- When you work with your advisor to plan your A.A., be sure to tell them you want to
transfer after you graduate from TCC.
- Plan your A.A. with your 4-year school of choice in mind.
- If you want to enter the workforce immediately or know you aren’t interested in transferring, explore the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) options in the Arts & Humanities Pathway.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AA||Associate of Arts||60||$3,840|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated September 07, 2021