Associate of Science (A.S.) for Health Science
- Pathway: Health Science
- Campus: All Campuses
Earn an A.S. and complete 60 semester credit hours to transfer to a bachelor’s degree in a science, health, or related pre-professional subject.
Explore on This Page
Plan Your Transfer Pathway
A flexible A.S. opens the door to a wide range of bachelor’s degrees and careers in health science or STEM-related fields.
Work with your advisor to personalize your studies to fit your interests and needs.
Why choose an A.S.?
- Build a strong, broad foundation in science & math
- Save money by completing 60 hours of academic transfer credits at TCC before completing a bachelor’s degree in a health science-related field at a university
- Prepare to work in health, technology & science fields, which generally have steady job growth
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- While the A.S. credits generally transfer to 4-year colleges and universities, it’s your responsibility to check with your destination school and program to make sure you meet their specific requirements.
- When you work with your advisor to plan your A.S., be sure to tell them you want to
transfer after you graduate from TCC.
- Plan your A.S. with your 4-year school of choice in mind.
- If you want to enter the workforce immediately or know you aren’t interested in transferring, explore the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) options in the Health Science Pathway.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AS||Associate of Science||60||$3,840|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated July 18, 2022