Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Program: Aviation
- Pathway: Business & Industry
- Campus: Northwest
Aviation technicians perform the maintenance and repairs that keep aircraft in top operating condition.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why Choose Aviation Maintenance Technology?
- Prepare to take the FAA examination for Airframe & Powerplant licenses
- Study with our outstanding faculty that includes 5 FAA-designated Mechanics Examiners
- Learn in our aviation education facility, which is one of the largest aviation education facilities in Texas & has $3 million in training equipment
Prepare for What You Will Do at Work
- Inspect aircraft components for cracks, breaks, or other problems
- Replace broken or defective parts
- Follow regulations by conducting routine & special inspections—before & after working on an aircraft
- Document all maintenance & repairs
- Test & troubleshoot instruments & electronic components
- Put together components & install software
- Use hand tools & power tools to install instrument panels
- Document all maintenance & repairs
Marketable Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before You Enroll, Think About:
Admission Process: Aviation Maintenance Technology
Admission to our aviation programs is a multi-step, time-sensitive process. The College registration deadlines and information do not reflect the aviation program registration processes.
Our Aviation Maintenance Technology program typically has a waitlist of approximately 1 year before prospective students are eligible to begin the program.
Start the Admission Process
You begin the admission process by attending the Aviation Information Session, where we will give you detailed registration information.
To register, see on this page: Attend a required information session.
Get on the Waitlist for Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Attend the required Aviation Information Session
- Submit the program-specific application
- Complete the program-specific application steps
- Attend the program-specific orientation
- Be placed on the waitlist
Have questions about the waitlist?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition: Tuition & Fees
- Books: $600 (approximate)
- Tools: $400–$1,200
If you take day classes, you can complete our A.A.S. program in 2 years.
- Days: Monday–Friday
- Hours: 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
If you take night classes, you can complete our A.A.S. program in 3 years.
- Days: Monday–Thursday
- Hours: 5:30–11 p.m.
Licensing Notice: Texas House Bill 1508
This program prepares you for an occupational license. However, you may not be eligible for licensing if you have a prior criminal history.
For more details, see Texas House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend a Required Information Session
You must attend a mandatory Aviation Information Session to begin the application process.
We will send you a reminder email 1 week before the date of the information session you signed up for.
If you don’t receive reminder emails after your register, check your junk or spam folder.
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2023–2024 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Semester Credit Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Aviation Maintenance Technology: Airframe||60||$4,140|
|AAS||Aviation Maintenance Technology: Powerplant||60||$4,140|
|CRT1||Advanced Composite Technology||16||$1,104|
|CRT1||Avionics Line Maintenance||30||$2,070|
|CRT2||Aviation Maintenance Technology Airframe||45||$3,105|
|CRT2||Aviation Maintenance Technology Powerplant||45||$3,105|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Continuing Education Programs
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Center of Excellence in Aviation, Transportation & Logistics at Alliance Airport
Aviation Maintenance Technology Program
Updated October 30, 2023