Want to get a strong foundation in electrical circuits, microprocessors, and mechanical systems to get a job after college or to have a foundation for a 4-year degree? Then our Engineering Technology program is for you!
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Engineering Technology?
- Prepare for jobs such as:
- Electrical technician
- Engineering technician
- Electro-mechanical technician
- Receive transferrable course credit in physics & the mechanics of materials through training on robotic systems
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Electrical & electronics engineering technicians help engineers design & develop electrical & electronic equipment
- Work in manufacturing, engineering services, or research-and-development laboratories
- Design, build, repair, adjust & modify electrical components, circuitry, controls & machinery.
- Set up & operate test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- You must earn college-ready scores on the TSI math section and be ready to start on the Algebraic Math Pathway.
- We offer classes at South & Southeast campuses.
- Once you earn your A.A.S. degree in Engineering Technology, you have a choice:
- Start your career in industrial environments, such as energy, plastics, computer and communications equipment manufacturing, and aerospace.
- Transfer your degree to a 4-year program to further your education in engineering.
- Key skills include:
- Ability to read & follow blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions to assemble electronic components.
- Analytical thinking to solve complex problems, including:
- Reviewing related information
- Developing & evaluating options
- Implementing solutions
- You will be working with computer hardware & software, including:
- Circuit boards
- Electronic equipment
- Applications & programming
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Occupational Skills Award
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Electronics Technology - Engineering Technology||60||$3,840|
|CRT1||Electronics Engineering Technology||29||$1,856|
|OSA||Fundamentals of Electronics||12||$768|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Mechanical & Industrial Technology Department
Career & Technical Education (CTE) Advisor
Updated September 07, 2021