Certified paramedics are the primary care providers who perform life support procedures in advanced level ambulances and fire departments.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Paramedic Programs?
- Save lives in emergency situations
- Work with a team in fast-paced, unpredictable situations
- Demonstrate high level of ethics, excellent physical conditioning, sound judgment & problem-solving skills in your daily work
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Answer emergency calls, perform medical services at the scene & transport patients to medical facilities
- Assess patients’ conditions & quickly determine treatment
- Work with police & firefighters at emergency sites
- Document medical care given & share it with the medical facility
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
Our Paramedic Programs are selective admission.
After being accepted to TCC, you submit a separate application to 1 of our Paramedic Programs if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Get the details on these pages:
Prepare to apply for certification
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Our Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
9355 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
National Registry First Time Pass
- 2020: 90%
- 2019: 91%
- 2018: 95%
National Registry Overall Pass
- 2020: 100%
- 2019: 95%
- 2018: 100%
- 2020: 83%
- 2019: 81%
- 2018: 79%
Placement: Graduates who sought jobs or furthered education
- 2020: 100%
- 2019: 100%
- 2018: 100%
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Emergency Medical Services||60||$3,840|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated July 18, 2022