- Program: Information Technology
- Pathway: STEM
- Campus: Multiple Campuses
Network support professionals manage and configure network clients.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Network Support?
- Be able to work with a variety of people across your organization, including other IT professionals
- Use your analytical & problem-solving skills every day
- Collaborate with a group or team to manage essential systems & functions
- Play a key role because organizations rely on their computer networks for day-to-day operations
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Identify an organization’s needs, help design a system & install the network hardware & software
- Maintain, test & troubleshoot network systems
- Monitor systems to make sure networks operate correctly & without interruption
- Resolve computer network problems
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- Organizations often require their network professionals be certified in the products they use, so you may need to complete certification(s).
- Being a lifelong learner will help you advance in your career because you will always need to keep up-to-date on web programming languages and be able to apply new knowledge to your work
- 3 skills or work style traits that will help you succeed in this field:
- Communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
|NE Northeast Campus||SE Southeast Campus|
|NW Northwest Campus||TR Trinity River Campus|
|SO South Campus||CN TCC Connect Campus|
- Information Technology: Network Support, AAS (NE, SO & SE)
- Network Support (NE, SO, SE)
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Information Technology-Network Support||60||$3,840|
|CRT1||Information Technology Support||21||$1,344|
|CES||Advanced Cisco Support||12||$768|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Michael A. Jackson
Assistant Professor & Department Chair
Associate Professor & Department Chair
Updated September 07, 2021