Web Applications Programming
- Program: Information Technology
- Pathway: STEM
- Campus: Multiple Campuses
Web applications programmers write code for web apps or websites; they also develop mobile applications.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Web Applications Programming?
- Combine creative & technical skills in your work
- Specialize as a:
- Front-end developer who is responsible for how websites look or a
- Back-end developer who is responsible for the overall technical construction of websites
- Enjoy variety because you will write programs for different purposes
- Learn how to design, code & implement dynamic websites as well as how to connect data stores & websites
What you will do at work
- Meet with clients or managers to discuss needs & requirements for websites or web apps
- Develop, design & write new web applications
- Use programming languages, such as Java, to write code for websites & web apps
- Work with content & multimedia professionals when developing websites or apps
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- In addition to your coursework, you will need to spend extensive time in the lab to get hands-on practice with web programming .
- On the job, web programmers normally work alone. However, they interact with others when discussing assignments or when participating in large projects.
- Being a lifelong learner will help you advance in your career because you will need to keep up-to-date on web programming languages and be able to apply new knowledge to your work.
- 3 skills or work style traits that will help you succeed in this field:
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
|NE Northeast Campus||SE Southeast Campus|
|NW Northwest Campus||TR Trinity River Campus|
|SO South Campus||CN TCC Connect Campus|
- Information Technology: Web Applications Programming, AAS (NE, SO, SE & TR)
- Web Applications Programming I (NE, NW, SO, SE & TR)
- Web Applications Programming II (NE, NW, SO, SE & TR)
- Mobile Applications Programming (NE, SO, SE & TR)
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Information Technology-Web Applications Programming||60||$3,840|
|CRT1||Web Applications Programming I||22||$1,408|
|CRT2||Web Applications Programming II||31||$1,984|
|CES||Mobile Applications Programming||11||$704|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Michael A. Jackson
Assistant Professor & Department Chair
Associate Professor & Department Chair
Trinity River Campus
Tyson McMillan, Ph.D.
Chair of Computer Science & Business
Updated September 07, 2021