Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic imaging specialty within radiology. Specialized MRI equipment uses radio frequencies to create images of cross sections of human anatomy for diagnostic purposes.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose MRI?
- Work with medical imaging teams & physicians to diagnose diseases & injuries
- Use sophisticated technology skills in healthcare settings
- Enter a high-demand field with a bright job outlook
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Operate MRI scanners to create quality images for diagnostic purposes
- Follow physician orders for the areas of patients’ bodies to image & position patients accordingly
- Monitor patient safety & comfort
- Maintain & check MRI equipment
Explore the professional organization
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists: MRI testing information & guidelines
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists: General MRI information
- Society for Magnetic Resonance Radiographers & Technologists (SMRT): Source for MR developments, safety, support, education, and career info
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
MRI is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our MRI program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Advanced Technical Certificate
Attend an Information Session
About the Session
Find out everything you need to know about our program: requirements, courses, costs, and more.
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You will submit your Certificate of Attendance with your application.
Until We Can Host In-Person Sessions
Review the presentation slides and contact us if you have any questions: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Information Session (PDF)Listen
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
Kimberlyn Moore-Debrossard, Health Care Professions Advisor
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CAT||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technology Advanced||30||$1,920|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Trinity River Campus
Dina Sterling, MBA, R.T.(R)(CT)(ARRT)
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Health Care Professions Advisor
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated August 03, 2022