- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Certificates: Level 1 (19–20 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at these campuses:
Our program will teach you the essential skills and knowledge you need to perform the technical tasks of welding.
About the Field
Welding technology involves binding products that contain metal, such as:
- Building structures
- Heavy machinery
- Various manufacturing products
Today, welding technicians use more than 90 different welding processes—each requiring different equipment.
We also offer continuing education programs that do not require you to enroll in credit courses.
Prepares you to work as a welding technician who understands weld inspection processes and who is qualified to enter a supervisory position.
Prepare you to work in entry-level jobs in production welding.
Doug Barnett, Welding Coordinator
Jean Yanes, Career and Technical Education Advisor
Updated May 18, 2020