- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (64 semester credit hours)
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
See the Catalog for the Radiologic Technology degree plan and course descriptions.
Fall 2018 Information Sessions
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Wednesday, September 19
- Monday, November 12
Time & Place
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Radiologic Technologist, RT(R)
What do they do?
The role of the radiologic technologist is diverse and offers many pathways within diagnostic imaging. At the forefront of medical imaging, the technologist must be able to work with confidence in pressure situations.
For details: The Practice Standards for Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy: Radiography Practice
StandardsListen (PDF will open in a new window)
(from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists)
To graduate radiologic technologists who demonstrate clinical competency, professionalism, critical thinking skills and communication skills.
Our Program Goals
Upon successful completion of our program, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Goal 1: You will demonstrate clinical competence.
- Demonstrate progress in clinical learning.
- Complete the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Clinical Competency Checklist.
- Goal 2: You will demonstrate professionalism.
- Engage in various professionalism activities.
- Display professionalism within the clinical setting.
- Goal 3: You will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Employ critical thinking skills in the radiologic laboratory.
- Employ critical thinking skills in an RADR Clinical Practicum course.
- Goal 4: You will demonstrate communication skills.
- Display effective communication in clinic.
- Exhibit communication skill in the academic environment.
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) collects completion rates, credentialing examination pass rates and job placement rates for accredited programs across the country.
Our program data is also available on JRCERT Accredited Program Details: TCC.
JRCERT Contact Information
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606
Trinity River Campus
Career & Technical Education Academic Advisors
First-Time-in-College Success Coach
Updated August 15, 2018