- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (64 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
Fall 2018 Information Session
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Date: Monday, November 12
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Radiologic Technologist, RT(R)
What do they do?
The role of the radiologic technologist is diverse and offers many pathways within diagnostic imaging. At the forefront of medical imaging, the technologist must be able to work with confidence in pressure situations.
For details: The Practice Standards for Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy: Radiography Practice
StandardsListen (PDF will open in a new window)
(from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists)
To graduate radiologic technologists who demonstrate clinical competency, professionalism, critical thinking skills and communication skills.
Our Program Goals
Upon successful completion of our program, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Goal 1: You will demonstrate clinical competence.
- Apply positioning skills correctly.
- Utilize correct exposure technique.
- Goal 2: You will demonstrate professionalism.
- Engage in various professionalism activities.
- Model professionalism within the clinical setting.
- Goal 3: You will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Employ critical thinking skills to evaluate radiographic images.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills based on patient condition.
- Goal 4: You will demonstrate communication skills.
- Communicate effectively based on patient needs.
- Exhibit communication skill in the academic environment.
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) collects completion rates, credentialing examination pass rates and job placement rates for accredited programs across the country.
Our program data is also available on JRCERT Accredited Program Details: TCC.
JRCERT Contact Information
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606
Trinity River Campus
Career & Technical Education Academic Advisors
First-Time-in-College Success Coach
Updated October 08, 2018