Long Term Care Administration
We’re accepting applications!
Now more than ever health care professionals are in demand. Make a difference: Support the health of our community.
Look on this page (below) to find out how to enroll to our Long Term Care Administration program when the next enrollment period opens.
You can also explore our other Health Sciences Programs.
- Certificate: Level 1 (27 semester credit hours)
- Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved: Use your VA educational benefits to pay for this program
- Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
You will learn the functions and responsibilities of a licensed nursing facility administrator.
Prepare for the licensure exams
Our program is designed to provide the academic requirements for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) licensure exam and the National Association of Long Term Care Administration Boards (NAB).
To be eligible to take the exam, HHSC requires that you have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 15 academic credit hours in long term care administration
- 1,000-hour internship in an approved facility
About your internship / clinical training
During your internship / clinical training, we will guide, monitor, and supervise your training and learning experiences directly.
If you choose to fulfill your internship on your own, you will not receive supervision by our faculty, nor will you receive a certificate of completion for our program.
Special Requirement: Application
Our Long Term Care Administration Program is open enrollment. However, you must meet the program requirements and submit an application.
Am I eligible to enroll?
You must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 in a health sciences or nursing discipline from an accredited institution
- Proof of English proficiency if English was not the primary language of your high school
Earning your Long Term Care Administration certification and preparing for HHSC licensure as well as NAB is a multiple-step process.
Start by applying to our LTCA program early. Waiting until a few days before the application deadline will substantially decrease your chances of admission.
Class size limit
We can accept a maximum of 20 candidates for each class.
If you qualify but after the first 20 candidates accepted, we will put you on the waiting list in case anyone selected decides to withdraw his or her application.
How to enroll
- Request an interview
- Send an email to our Program Director, Regina Franklin-Basye: email@example.com
- Apply to TCC
- Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number.
- You need a TCC Student ID number to enroll in our Long Term Care Administration Program.
- Download and complete the application once it becomes available
- Submit by mail or in person your:
- Signed, complete application
- Information Session Certificate of Attendance
- Our address:
- TCC Health Sciences Department
Trinity River Campus East
245 East Belknap Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76012-1901
- TCC Health Sciences Department
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions Advising
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated August 26, 2020