- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
- About Our Program
- Selective Admission
- How to Apply
- Post-Admission Requirements
- Fast-Track Option
- Performance Requirements
Already a Licensed Vocational Nurse, Military Medic or Paramedic?
The purpose of this option is to shorten the program completion time from 24 to 15 months through the credit-by-exam process.
If you can commit to a full-time schedule for 15 consecutive months, consider our Fast-Track Option.
Note: Part-time and evening option are not available.
Fall 2018 Information Session
Attending an information session is strongly recommended but is not an application requirement.
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Date: Wednesday, December 5
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Nurse
Nurses give and coordinate patient care. They also support and educate both patients and their families.
Nurses’ activities may include:
- Recording patient medical histories and symptoms
- Giving patients medicine
- Helping perform diagnostic tests
- Monitoring medical equipment
Graduate Nurse to Registered Nurse
After you have successfully completed all requirements of our Nursing A.A.S. Program, you will be eligible to take the state board examination for licensure (NCLEX-RN).
Once you pass the NCLEX examination, you will get your Registered Nursing (RN) license.
To prepare professional nurses to deliver quality, safe patient care in a dynamic health care environment through patient advocacy and collaboration with interdisciplinary teams.
Student Achievement Data
- 88% (2017): First-time pass rate on National Council Licensure Exam for Nurses (NCLEX)
- 79%: Student completion rate
- 90%: Graduate employment rate
Our Associate Degree in Nursing Program is:
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and
- Approved by the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas (BON)
Our graduates are eligible to take the state licensure exam (NCLEX) that, upon successful passage, grants the credential of Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Texas Board of Nursing
333 Guadalupe #3-460
Austin, Texas 78701
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Rd NE Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Trinity River Campus
300 Trinity Campus Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Schedule an advising appointment
Trinity River Campus East
245 East Belknap Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Updated October 09, 2018