Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Anesthesia Technology?
- Administer safe & efficient care to patients receiving anesthesia
- Prepare & maintain sophisticated medical equipment
- Have choices in your work environment because anesthesia technologists work in a variety
of clinical settings including:
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Outpatient facilities
- Work in a health care profession with a bright job growth outlook
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Use sterile procedures & techniques when preparing & testing anesthesia care equipment
- Transport & transfer patients
- Help monitor patients during treatments & procedures
- Work collaboratively with surgical teams to provide safe, effective perioperative care
Explore the professional organization
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved
You can use your Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits to pay for this program.
Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
Anesthesia Technology is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our Anesthesia Technology program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Information Session
About the Session
Find out everything you need to know about our program: requirements, courses, costs, and more. Have the chance to ask questions.
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You will submit your Certificate of Attendance with your application.
When & Where
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Date: Saturday, July 23, 2022
- Time: 9 a.m.–noon
- Place: Trinity River Campus East
- Room: TRHA 2026 (see the TRHA building on the campus map)
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
Adrienne Ballard, Career Advisor
Our Anesthesia Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for Anesthesia Technology Education (CoA-ATE).
All inquiries about the program’s accreditation status should be directed to CAAHEP:
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated January 20, 2023