Anesthesia technology is a growing allied health profession that focuses on clinical procedures that assist anesthesia providers in hospital or other clinical settings.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Anesthesia Technology?
- Administer safe & efficient care to patients receiving anesthesia
- Prepare & maintain sophisticated medical equipment
- Have choices in your work environment because anesthesia technologists work in a variety
of clinical settings including:
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Outpatient facilities
- Work in an allied health profession with a bright job growth outlook
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Use sterile procedures & techniques when preparing & testing anesthesia care equipment
- Transport & transfer patients
- Help monitor patients during treatments & procedures
- Work collaboratively with surgical teams to provide safe, effective perioperative care
Explore the professional organization
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved
You can use your Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits to pay for this program.
Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
Anesthesia Technology is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our Anesthesia Technology program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Information Session
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated September 07, 2021