Central Sterile Processing
Central Sterile Processing is a fast-growing health care profession that focuses on cleaning, sterilizing, and preparing medical instruments.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Central Sterile Processing?
- Use your attention to detail & accuracy to help keep patients safe by preparing sterile, disinfected health care equipment
- Work effectively with both patients & health professionals
- Enter a field with a bright job outlook & professional growth possibilities
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Check, clean & prepare medical equipment for sterilization
- Operate specialized sterilization equipment
- Organize & assemble sterilized supplies
- Keep records of the items you processed & the cleaning procedures you performed
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved
You can use your Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits to pay for this program.
Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
Central Sterile Processing is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our Central Sterile Processing Program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Information Session
About the Session
Find out everything you need to know about our program: requirements, courses, costs, and more.
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You will submit your Certificate of Attendance with your application.
Until We Can Host In-Person Sessions
Review the presentation slides and contact us if you have any questions: Central Sterile Processing (CSP) Information Session (PDF)Listen
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
Kimberlyn Moore-Debrossard, Health Care Professions Advisor
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Central Sterile Processing||16||$1,024|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Trinity River Campus
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Health Care Professions Advisor
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated July 18, 2022