Central Sterile Processing
- Pathway: Health Science
- Campus: Trinity River Campus East
Central Sterile Processing is a fast-growing health care profession that focuses on cleaning, sterilizing, and preparing medical instruments.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Central Sterile Processing?
- Use your attention to detail & accuracy to help keep patients safe by preparing sterile, disinfected health care equipment
- Work effectively with both patients & health professionals
- Enter a field with a bright job outlook & professional growth possibilities
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Check, clean & prepare medical equipment for sterilization
- Operate specialized sterilization equipment
- Organize & assemble sterilized supplies
- Keep records of the items you processed & the cleaning procedures you performed
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved
You can use your Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits to pay for this program.
Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
Central Sterile Processing is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our Central Sterile Processing Program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Information Session
About the Session
Find out everything you need to know about our program: requirements, courses, costs, and more.
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You will submit your Certificate of Attendance with your application.
Until We Can Host In-Person Sessions
Review the presentation slides and contact us if you have any questions: Central Sterile Processing (CSP) Information Session (PDF)Listen
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
Kimberlyn Moore-Debrossard, Career Advisor
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Central Sterile Processing||16||$1,024|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
- Talk to your advisor about planning for transfer
- Explore transfer schools
Start on Your Pathway!
- Apply to TCC
- Find out about financial aid
- Talk to an academic advisor
- Visit career services
- Request a transcript evaluation if you are transferring to TCC
Trinity River Campus
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated February 17, 2023