- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved: Use your VA educational benefits to pay for this program
- Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
- Transfer: Field of Study (34 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
- About Our Program
- Selective Admission
- How to Apply
- Post-Admission Requirements
- Fast-Track Option
- Performance Requirements
Already a Licensed Vocational Nurse, Military Medic or Paramedic?
The purpose of this option is to shorten the program completion time from 24 to 15 months through the credit-by-exam / experience process.
If you can commit to a full-time schedule for 15 consecutive months, consider our Fast-Track Option.
Note: Part-time and evening option are not available.
Role of the Nurse
Nurses give and coordinate patient care. They also support and educate both patients and their families.
Nurses’ activities may include:
- Recording patient medical histories and symptoms
- Giving patients medicine
- Helping perform diagnostic tests
- Monitoring medical equipment
Graduate Nurse to Registered Nurse
After you have successfully completed all requirements of our Nursing A.A.S. Program, you will be eligible to take the state board examination for licensure (NCLEX-RN).
Once you pass the NCLEX examination, you will get your Registered Nursing (RN) license.
Our program embraces TCC's focus on open access and quality teaching to prepare our Associate Degree Registered Nurses for entry-level practice and for continued academic progression to meet their maximal professional potential.
Student Achievement Data
- 88% (2017): First-time pass rate on National Council Licensure Exam for Nurses (NCLEX)
- 79%: Student completion rate
- 90%: Graduate employment rate
Our Associate Degree in Nursing Program is:
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and
- Approved by the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas (BON)
Our graduates are eligible to take the state licensure exam (NCLEX) that, upon successful passage, grants the credential of Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Texas Board of Nursing
333 Guadalupe #3-460
Austin, Texas 78701
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions Advising
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Trinity River Campus East
Department of Associate Degree Nursing
Updated December 08, 2020