- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
- Anesthesia Technology, AAS
2018 Information Sessions
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
Dates, Time & Place
Role of the Anesthesia Technologist
Anesthesia technology is a growing allied health profession.
Anesthesia technologists assist anesthesia providers in the safe and efficient care of patients receiving anesthesia. Working under the direction of the anesthesia provider, anesthesia technologists are skilled in acquiring, preparing, and applying the equipment required to deliver anesthesia care.
Technologists are trained to anticipate the needs of both the patient and the provider, according to the surgical requirements, procedure, or circumstance.
Anesthesia technologists must be able to:
- Work effectively with patients and health professionals
- Operate sophisticated computer equipment
- Observe patient protection measures
- Provide only the best in patient care
To provide didactic and clinical instruction that will enable individuals to pass the national registry examination and perform as competent, entry-level Anesthesia Technologists to serve the local community.
Trinity River Campus
Cal Quigley, Career and Technical Education Academic Advisor
Cassie Ardry, Career and Technical Education Academic Advisor
Updated March 06, 2018