- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
Fall 2018 Information Session
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Date: Monday, October 22
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Anesthesia Technologist
Anesthesia technology is a growing allied health profession.
Anesthesia technologists assist anesthesia providers in the safe and efficient care of patients receiving anesthesia. Working under the direction of the anesthesia provider, anesthesia technologists are skilled in acquiring, preparing, and applying the equipment required to deliver anesthesia care.
Technologists are trained to anticipate the needs of both the patient and the provider, according to the surgical requirements, procedure, or circumstance.
Anesthesia technologists must be able to:
- Work effectively with patients and health professionals
- Operate sophisticated computer equipment
- Observe patient protection measures
- Provide only the best in patient care
To provide didactic and clinical instruction that will enable individuals to pass the national registry examination and perform as competent, entry-level Anesthesia Technologists to serve the local community.
Trinity River Campus
Career & Technical Education Academic Advisors
First-Time-in-College Success Coach
Updated September 20, 2018