Central Sterile Processing
- Certificate of Completion: 16 semester credit hours
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
Fall 2018 Information Session
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Date: Monday, November 5
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Central Sterile Processing Technician
What do they do?
Sterile processing technicians are specially trained healthcare workers who use their specialized skills and knowledge to clean and sterilize medical instruments, equipment, and supplies.
Central sterile processing technicians must be able to:
- Work effectively with patients and health professionals
- Operate sophisticated computer equipment
- Observe patient protection measures
- Provide only the best in patient care
To graduate confident, knowledgeable sterile processing technicians with high ethical and professional standards who are well versed in sterilization techniques through didactic, laboratory, and clinical experiences that lead to gainful employment upon graduation.
Trinity River Campus
Career & Technical Education Academic Advisors
First-Time-in-College Success Coach
Updated September 20, 2018