- Certificate: Level 2 (45 semester credit hours)
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
Traditional VN Track
Apply for the 1-year program if you are eligible.
Already have Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Patient Care Technician (PCT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification?
If you successfully pass the exam for this course, you can earn 3 semester credit hours toward a Certificate of Completion in Vocational Nursing:
- VNSG-1360 Clinical—Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Acceptance into our VN Program
- Current Certification as a CNA, PCT or CMA
- At least 6 months of employment in an acute / chronic care setting
2018 Information Sessions
Attending an information session is not an application requirement. You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Date: April 19
- Day: Thursday
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
The LVN works under appropriate supervision of a:
- Registered nurse
- Advanced practice registered nurse
- Physician assistant
LVNs are responsible for providing safe, compassionate and focused nursing care to assigned patients with predictable health care needs.
They are required to function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice.
For more details, see Practice-Licensed Vocational Nurse Scope of Practice from the Texas Board of Nursing (BON).
To prepare skilled nurses to deliver quality and safe care in a dynamic healthcare environment, through patient advocacy and collaboration with interdisciplinary teams.
Our VN Program is approved by:
Texas Board of Nursing (BON)
333 Guadalupe #3-460
Austin, Texas 78701
Trinity River Campus
Cal Quigley, Career and Technical Education Academic Advisor
Cassie Ardry, Career and Technical Education Academic Advisor
Updated February 21, 2018