Military Veteran Student
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Admissions services are available remotely. See Remote Service Options for Admissions, Registrar and Financial Aid for hours and contact options, and read our frequently asked questions for Admissions and Registrar.
You're a veteran/military student if you spent time in one of the branches of the United States armed forces.
This process should be started at least 2 months before your intended semester start date to ensure all paperwork has time to be completed.
What should I do before I apply to TCC?
How do I apply to TCC?
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
- Applications can either be submitted:
- The admissions application deadline is 2 weeks before the class start date for First-Time-in-College (FTIC) students. Submit your application at least 2 weeks before your class start date.
- The class registration deadline is one week before the class start date.
- Note: You may use ApplyTexas as an alternate online application method but must allow additional time for processing.
- Receive notice of acceptance.
When will I know if I'm accepted?
You should allow up to 5 business days for processing. You will be contacted via your personal email when you've been accepted into TCC to finish the registration process.
If you applied through ApplyTexas, please allow additional time for processing.
What supporting documents do I need to submit?
In addition to applying for admission, you must submit:
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- If you do not have a copy of your COE, log in to your account at the VA eBenefits site, and take a screenshot that you can save as a PDF file. eBenefits screenshots are only available for Post 9/11 Ch. 33 students. Then, attach the COE screenshot when submitting your VA Certification Request in WebAdvisor.
- VA Certification Request
- Due every semester; located in WebAdvisor
- Official transcripts from all institutions you may have attended and the military
- Military transcripts must be mailed from the military to TCC.
- Army, Marine, Navy and Coast Guard Transcript Request (Only available by using your Internet Explorer browser; site not compatible with Firefox or Chrome)
- Air Force Transcript Request
- Prior Credit Form (PDF)Listen (Used to request certification for one term only without official transcripts)
- Any additional paperwork related to CH. 1606; CH. 33, 30, 1607, Fry Scholarship; CH. 35; or CH. 31
- Evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC and under 22 years old)
- Residency requirements (if applicable)
What happens next?
Once you're accepted, follow the next series of steps.
- Meet with or contact a staff member if you need assistance with benefits, advising, or counseling.
- Plan for payment of tuition and fees.
- Complete any testing requirements.
- If you were honorably discharged on or after August 1, 1990, your DD-214 allows you to be TSI complete.
- Schedule an appointment with a success coach at your campus's Advising and Counseling center. This is required for all FTIC students. Success coaches offer one-on-one
- Complete an application for admission
- Answer questions about the financial aid application
- Discuss all required documents, and where/how to submit them
- Register for classes.
- Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits are paid only for courses required for your degree plan.
- Pay for classes.
- Review payment deadlines.
- Finish preparing for the start of the semester.
Updated June 30, 2020