Military Veteran Student
You're a veteran/military student if you spent time in one of the branches of the United States armed forces.
This process should be started at least two months before your intended semester start date to ensure all paperwork has time to be completed.
What should I do before I apply to TCC?
How do I apply to TCC?
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
- Applications can be submitted online with ApplyTexas, or in person at any campus Admissions and Registrar Office.
- Get help with your online application by following our ApplyTexas application instructions.
- The admissions application deadline is two weeks before the class start date for First-Time-in-College (FTIC) students. Submit your application at least two weeks before your class start date.
- The class registration deadline is one week before the class start date.
- Submit evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC and under 22 years old) and residency requirements (if applicable).
- Submit required supporting documents.
- Receive notice of acceptance.
What supporting documents do I need to submit?
In addition to applying for admission, you must submit:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- If you do not have a copy of your COE, log in to your eBenefits site, take a screenshot and email VAcertification@tccd.edu. eBenefits screenshots are only available for Post 9/11 Ch. 33 students.
- VA Certification Request
- Due every semester; located in WebAdvisor
- Official transcripts from all institutions you may have attended and the military.
- Military transcripts must be mailed from the military to TCC. Once transcripts have been received, you need to request a transcript evaluation through WebAdvisor.
- Army, Marine, Navy and Coast Guard Transcript Requests (Only available by using your Internet Explorer browser; site not compatible with Firefox or Chrome)
- Air Force Transcript Request
- Any additional paperwork related to CH. 1606; CH. 33, 30, 1607, Fry Scholarship; CH. 35; or CH. 31.
When will I know if I'm accepted?
You should allow up to five business days for processing. You will be contacted via your personal email when you've been accepted into TCC to finish the registration process.
What happens next?
Once you're accepted, follow the next series of steps.
- Meet with one of our VetSuccess counselors.
- Plan for payment of tuition and fees.
- Complete any testing requirements.
- If you were honorably discharged on or after August 1, 1990, your DD-214 allows you to be TSI complete.
- Schedule an appointment with a success coach at your campus's Advising and Counseling center. This is required for all FTIC students. Success coaches offer one-on-one
- Complete an application for admission
- Answer questions about the financial aid application
- Discuss all required documents, and where/how to submit them
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to set up your degree audit.
- Submit your degree audit to the Veterans Certification office.
- Register for classes.
- Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits are paid only for courses required for your degree plan.
- Pay for classes.
- Review payment deadlines.
- Finish preparing for the start of the semester.
Updated April 26, 2017