Food & Nutrition Coach
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why Choose Food & Nutrition Coach?
- Be an entrepreneur: Start your own business & have contracts with:
- Fitness industries
- Community agencies
- Easily combine your knowledge & skills in the field of nutrition with personal training, exercise science, or culinary arts
- Enjoy flexibility in your work schedule because you set your own hours and rates
- Gain hands-on nutrition counseling & dietetics work experience through patient simulation activities & practicum courses
- Enter the food & nutrition field right away—with the option of applying your certificate toward our Dietetic Technician Program & advancing in your career
Prepare for What You Will Do at Work
- Promote nutrition & healthy eating lifestyles
- Coach & motivate individuals for lifestyle changes
- Plan & teach nutrition classes
- Demonstrate healthy cooking techniques
- Conduct supermarket tours
Marketable Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before You Enroll, Think About:
You do not have to fill out a program application for this certificate program.
Special Requirement—Practicum: Supervised Practice
Practicum provides supervised practice experience in real life situations. You are required to complete 1 practicum course, with a minimum of 150 hours.
You can complete this certificate:
- By itself and without completing a degree
- As an elective for your Associate of Arts degree
- As part of your A.A.S. degree in Dietetic Technician
Transfer to a Registered Dietitian Program
Courses within the Food and Nutrition Coach are also part of the requirements of our Dietetic Technician A.A.S. You can easily complete additional courses to earn the degree.
You can then earn the Nutrition Dietetic Technician, Registered (NDTR) credential, which will set you apart from other non-credentialed practitioners.
You will also be able to earn the following certificates as you complete the program requirements.
Licensing Notice: Texas House Bill 1508
This program prepares you for an occupational license. However, you may not be eligible for licensing if you have a prior criminal history.
For more details, see Texas House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements
Want more details?
Have accessibility questions about this handbook? Call the Dietetics Department at 817-515-3051.
Need help paying for this program?
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2023–2024 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Semester Credit Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT2||Food and Nutrition Coach||44||$3,036|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Continuing Education Programs
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Christina Liew-Newville, Ed.D., R.D., L.D.
Dietetics Program Coordinator
Dietetic Technician Program Director
Denise Blevins, M.S., R.D., L.D.
Dietary Manager Program Coordinator
Lynda Fox-Arnold, M.S.
Updated October 30, 2023