Nutrition Specialist I
Nutrition specialists promote nutrition and healthy eating to the general population.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Nutrition Specialist I?
- Use your knowledge of nutrition & food preparation to help others lead healthier lives
- Use your skills in a variety of settings, such as:
- Fitness centers
- Community agencies
- Enter the food & nutrition field right away—with the option of applying your certificate toward our Dietetic Technician Program & advancing in your career
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Promote nutrition & healthy eating lifestyles
- Interview clients on eating habits
- Plan & modify menus for healthy eating
- Demonstrate healthy cooking techniques
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
You do not have to fill out a program application for this certificate program.
You can complete this certificate:
- By itself and without completing a degree
- As an elective for your Associate of Arts degree
- As part of your A.A.S. degree in Dietetic Technician
Transfer to a Registered Dietitian Program
We encourage you complete to complete certificates in both Healthy Meal Planning and Nutrition Specialist I if you are completing the A.A. degree and plan to transfer to our Dietetic Technician A.A.S..
You will also able to earn the following Occupational Skills Award as you complete the program requirements.
Courses within the Nutrition Specialist I certificate are also part of the requirements of the following programs. You can easily complete additional courses to earn the following certificates and degree.
Want more details?
Have accessibility questions about this handbook? Call the Dietetics Department at 817-515-3051.
Need help paying for this program?
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Nutrition Specialist I||16||$1,024|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
For example, you will be ready to work toward:
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Health Promotion, Health Education, or Wellness
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
Start on Your Pathway!
Christina Liew-Newville, Ed.D., R.D., L.D.
Dietetics Program Coordinator
Dietetic Technician Program Director
Denise Blevins, M.S., R.D., L.D.
Dietary Manager Program Coordinator
Lynda Fox-Arnold, M.S.
Updated July 18, 2022