Explore on This Page
Health Sciences & Nursing Programs
The health and safety of our Tarrant County College District (TCCD) community are responsibilities that we all share.
TCCD does not require the COVID-19 vaccine to access TCCD properties or to participate in campus activities.
Our Clinical Partners
However, TCCD’s partners may require vaccination for students enrolled in technical programs that require the fulfillment of onsite practicum/clinical coursework at one of our partnering facilities.
Students in technical programs with a practicum/clinical component may be required by the partnering facility to have the vaccine to complete the practicum/clinical requirement at the partnering facility. Several hospitals require technical program students to be fully immunized against COVID-19 before arrival at the facilities.
As a result, practicum/clinical sites for unvaccinated students may be limited; therefore, graduation may be delayed if students decline clinical/practicum assignments at sites requiring vaccination.
Job Titles & Career Info
Why Choose Medical Assisting?
- Use your understanding of people to calm & support patients who may be in pain or under stress
- Work in a healthcare position whose duties can vary depending on the location, specialty, or size of practice / facility
- Have opportunities to grow into specializations or leadership roles after gaining experience or more education
Prepare for What You Will Do at Work
Administrative Activities Include:
- Schedule & receive patients
- Perform basic administrative tasks
- Serve as a liaison between the physician & other individuals
- Manage practice finances
Clinical Activities Include:
- Take patient histories & vital signs
- Assist the physician with examinations & treatments
- Perform asepsis & infection control
- Prepare & maintain electronic medical records
Explore the Professional Organization
Marketable Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before You Enroll, Think About:
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved
You can use your Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits to pay for this program.
Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
Medical Assistant is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our Medical Assistant program.
Get the Details on These Pages:
- About Our Program
- Selective Admission
- How to Apply
- Performance Requirements
- Our Program Goal, Objectives & Outcomes
Licensing Notice: Texas House Bill 1508
This program prepares you for an occupational license. However, you may not be eligible for licensing if you have a prior criminal history.
For more details, see Texas House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Information Session
About the Session
Find out everything you need to know about our program: requirements, courses, costs, and more.
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You will submit your Certificate of Attendance with your application.
Until We Can Host In-Person Sessions
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
Kimberlyn Moore-Debrossard, Career Advisor
Our Medical Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
All inquiries about the program’s accreditation status should be directed to CAAHEP:
- Retention Rate: 79.31%
- Medical Assistant Certificate Exam Pass Rate: 70%
- Graduate Employment Rates: 76.92%
- Retention Rate: 80%
- Medical Assistant Certificate Exam Pass Rate: 89.47%
- Graduate Employment Rates: 89.47%
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2023–2024 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Semester Credit Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Continuing Education Programs
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated November 13, 2023