- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (66 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
- About Our Program
- Selective Admission
- How to Apply
- Performance Requirements
- Cost Analysis
We will post future session dates as soon as they are scheduled.
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
Role of the Respiratory Therapist
Links will open in a new window.
- Life and Breath from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- Respiratory Therapists from CareerOneStop
What do they do?
Under supervision of a physician, the therapist:
- Administers therapy
- Performs diagnostic tests, pulmonary rehabilitation and patient education
- Assures proper functioning of therapy equipment
- Plays a major role in the treatment of critically ill patients
To prepare graduates to be successful, confident and competent professional therapists who provide excellent patient care.
3-year time period being reported: January 1, 2014, to December 31, 2016
- 92.6%: Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credentialing success
- 87%: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing success
- 12.9%: Attrition
- 81.5%: Job placement
- 70: Total number of program enrollees during that period
- 54: Total number of program graduates during that period
See the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) Programmatic Outcomes Data.
We are a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)-Accredited Respiratory Care Program.
- Category: RRT-level program
- Accreditation Status: Continuing Accreditation
- Degree: Associate of Applied Science
Donald Holt, M.A., RRT
Trinity River Campus
Career & Technical Education Academic Advisors
First-Time-in-College Success Coach
Updated November 27, 2018