- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (66 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
- About Our Program
- Selective Admission
- How to Apply
- Performance Requirements
- Cost Analysis
Fall 2018 Information Sessions
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Wednesday, September 26
- Monday, November 26
Time & Place
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Respiratory Therapist
Links will open in a new window.
- Life and Breath from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- Respiratory Therapists from CareerOneStop
What do they do?
Under supervision of a physician, the therapist:
- Administers therapy
- Performs diagnostic tests, pulmonary rehabilitation and patient education
- Assures proper functioning of therapy equipment
- Plays a major role in the treatment of critically ill patients
To prepare graduates to be successful, confident and competent professional therapists who provide excellent patient care.
3-year time period being reported: January 1, 2014, to December 31, 2016
- 92.6%: Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credentialing success
- 87%: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing success
- 12.9%: Attrition
- 81.5%: Job placement
- 70: Total number of program enrollees during that period
- 54: Total number of program graduates during that period
See the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) Programmatic Outcomes Data.
We are a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)-Accredited Respiratory Care Program.
- Category: RRT-level program
- Accreditation Status: Continuing Accreditation
- Degree: Associate of Applied Science
Donald Holt, M.A., RRT
Trinity River Campus
Career & Technical Education Academic Advisors
First-Time-in-College Success Coach
Updated September 20, 2018