- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (66 semester credit hours)
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
2018 Information Session
Attending an information session is an application requirement. You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Date: April 4
- Day: Wednesday
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Respiratory Therapist
Watch Life and Breath, (link will open in a new window) a video from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC), to learn about areas of practice in respiratory care.
Under supervision of a physician, the therapist:
- Administers therapy
- Performs diagnostic tests, pulmonary rehabilitation and patient education
- Assures proper functioning of therapy equipment
- Plays a major role in the treatment of critically ill patients
To prepare graduates to be successful, confident and competent professional therapists who provide excellent patient care.
3-year time period being reported: January 1, 2014, to December 31, 2016
- 92.6%: Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credentialing success
- 87%: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing success
- 12.9%: Attrition
- 81.5%: Job placement
- 70: Total number of program enrollees during that period
- 54: Total number of program graduates during that period
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) Outcomes Data by Program
We are a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)-Accredited Respiratory Care Program.
- Category: RRT-level program
- Accreditation Status: Continuing Accreditation
- Degree: Associate of Applied Science
John Hiser, M.Ed., RRT, FAARC
Trinity River Campus
Cal Quigley, Career and Technical Education Academic Advisor
Cassie Ardry, Career and Technical Education Academic Advisor
Updated February 08, 2018