- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Trinity River Campus East
We will post future session dates as soon as they are scheduled.
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
Role of the Surgical Technologist
What do they do?
The surgical technologist helps surgeons, anesthesiologists and registered nurses care for patients in the operating room. Duties include:
- Setting up the back table
- Gathering the instruments, equipment and supplies needed for each surgical procedure
- Maintaining the sterile field and passing instruments to the surgeon
- Assisting the surgeon during the surgical procedure–when asked
- Taking all the used equipment and instruments to decontamination at the end of the procedure
For more details, see Surgical Technology from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
To prepare graduates who are excellent and ethical surgical technologists with qualities needed to provide exceptional compassionate and caring patient care.
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Exam Pass Rate
- 2015: 91%
- 2016: 88%
- 2017: 100% (students in program from August 1, 2015–July 31, 2016)
- 2018: 95%
Student Retention Rate
- 2014: 77%
- 2015: 77%
- 2016: 87%
- 2017: 71%
Our Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, Florida 33756. Telephone: 727-210-2350.
Trinity River Campus
Career & Technical Education Academic Advisors
First-Time-in-College Success Coach
Updated November 15, 2018