Veterinary Clinical Assistant
Quick Program Facts
- Continuing Education Certificate: 620 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 9 (including prerequisite course)
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: B.R. Johnson Career and Technical Center / Crowley Collegiate Academy
Prepare to take the Certified Veterinary Assistant (CVA) exam and get started on your career as a veterinary clinical assistant!
Your love of animals could be a career!
As the metroplex grows, the number of pets increases, and the need for caring qualified veterinary clinical assistants grows too.
Organizations like these need veterinary clinical assistants:
- Private clinics
- Animal hospitals
- Animal shelters
Prepare to Work in a Veterinary Setting
In our program, you will learn about:
- Basic patient evaluations
- Techniques for managing veterinary patients during clinical visits
- Preparing and assisting with surgical procedures
- Laboratory and pharmacology orders
Plus, you will gain hands-on workplace experience during the practicum course.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be proficient in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a clean criminal record
Check course availability
Go to Course Sections Offered by Term in WebAdvisor and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
B.R. Johnson Career and Technical Center/Crowley Collegiate Academy
Demetrice Thompson, Coordinator of Special Projects
1900 Longhorn Trail
Crowley, Texas 76036
Updated July 29, 2020